How can you hire the bus?
- The bus will be available for hire by any Jewish Organisation in Brighton & Hove and surrounding areas.
- All you have to do is email email@example.com
- We will need at least 3 weeks’ notice to book the bus unless you have a regular booking with us throughout the year.
- There will be a returnable deposit of £25 on booking the bus to cover cancellation fee. We need at least 7 days’ notice to cancel the booking.
- There will be no charge for the hiring of the bus BUT you will need to pay for fuel.
- You will need a MIDAS licensed driver. Helping Hands have 5 volunteers who are MIDAS trained and if one is not available, Community Transport can supply a driver at a charge.
- We would like to encourage organisations to find people to take the MIDAS test. They must have a D1 category on their licence. If they are prepared to drive for Helping Hands at least twice a year we will be happy to help towards the costs of the test.
Community Transport (CT)
- The bus is housed at Community Transport.
- CT will invoice Helping Hands for the fuel and driver (if hired). Helping Hands will then pass the costs onto the relevant organisations.
- CT will hire out the bus to the wider community when Helping Hands and other Jewish organisations are not using it which will obviously include Shabbat and Chagim. Helping Hands will receive 25% of any income generated after costs have been covered.
- CT agreed they will look after the following: Insurance, Road Fund License & permits, safety checks & services, cleaning and additional servicing.